FINE FOODS FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS
Whether you are toasting an upcoming marriage, awaiting the arrival of a new baby, hosting afternoon tea to mark a milestone birthday, congratulating the hard working graduate, or simply looking to catch up with family and friends, these are all some of our favorite reasons to celebrate. We pride ourselves in creating a cuisine and atmosphere that are tasteful, original and thoughtful to each individual celebration. Let our passion for parties indulge all of your senses.
Click on a picture to see a sample menu below.
Enjoy your next cocktail party with a variety of small bite canapes with big flavor.
- Fried tomatillo blt
- Artichoke fritters with lemon aioli
- Eggplant crisps with tomato confit, basil and buffalo mozzarella
- Pulled pork sliders on brioche with napa cabbage slaw
- Flank steak crostini with potato parsnip puree and crispy shallots
- Lamb and feta pizette drizzled with herbed yogurt
- Seared ahi tuna on crispy wonton with wasabi cream and pickled ginger
- Goat cheese and caramelized onion plantain empanadas
We recommend our small plates served in place of passed hors d'oeuvres, or double on the quantities to make it the main meal. These stationary displays offer a variety of bite-sized tastes from around the world. The following are just a few ideas we offer:
- Pork vindaloo with mango chutney
- Cauliflower and potatoes
- Basmati rice and warm naan
- Beef sliders with mini brioche rolls
- Cocktail franks in puff pastry
- Thin cut sweet potato fries with ketchup and spicy mustard
- Ginger sesame chicken sate
- Pork dumplings and pickled cucumber salad
- Vegetarian pad thai with spiced wonton crisps
A selection of tea sandwiches, savories and sweets, fine china, hats and gloves to enjoy your perfect tea party.
- Petite corn muffins with oven roasted turkey, arugula, and cranberry mayonnaise
- Prosciutto and baked brie with fig jam
- English cucumber with scallion cream cheese
- Crispy parmesan asparagus straws
- Caramelized onion, mushroom, and gruyere quiche
- Seasonal scones with clotted cream and preserves
- Cookie teacups filled with chocolate mousse
- Almond macaroons
- Lemon bars with a shortbread crust
- A selection of white, black and herbal teas
Looking for a special way to celebrate your next birthday or bridal shower? Tea parties are the perfect way to give the special person in your life the treat they deserve. Afternoon tea makes for a lovely way to celebrate a Sweet Sixteen, a memorable Mother's Day, or a fun celebration for a child's favorite bears birthday. Start a new tradition by observing Valentine's day with a Mother Daughter Tea. We can supply china teacups, silver tea service, and use of our vintage hat and glove collection to add to your perfect tea party.
- Carrot ginger soup with feta
- Beet tart with herbed boursin and lightly dressed micro greens
- A selection of tea sandwiches
- Warm scones with clotted cream and preserves
- Flourless chocolate cake with fresh berries and mint
- Grilled beef tenderloin with creamy horseradish and wilted beet greens
- Baked chicken with white beans and stewed tomatoes
- Potato parsnip puree with crispy shallots
- Roasted brussel sprouts, beets, and carrots
- Arugula and butter lettuce with Roquefort, slivered apples, toasted walnuts, and bacon
- Ice cream sundae bar with chocolate fudge sauce, caramel, whipped cream, nuts, fresh berries, maraschino cherries, chopped Snickers, M&M's, jimmies, gummies, and other personal favorites
- Moroccan tilapia with preserved lemons, roasted peppers, and cilantro
- Grilled citrus chicken with a mango peach salsa
- Braised fennel and heirloom tomatoes
- Individual sweet corn pudding with red pepper salsa
- Orange lentils with watercress
- Arugula, radicchio, and endive with gorgonzola, fresh figs, and toasted walnuts
- Dessert Tasting Plate: key lime tartlet, gingersnap lemon ice cream sandwich, Snickers square
- Pan seared sea scallops, sweet corn and avocado with a fried zucchini squash blossom
- Braised chicken with preserved lemon and fennel
- Green pea risotto with asparagus
- Tender spring greens with honey roasted rhubarb, toasted walnuts and goat cheese
- Strawberry shortcake with vanilla whipped cream
- Roasted butternut squash and apple soup with spicy croutons
- Grilled beef tenderloin with wild mushrooms and wilted beet greens
- Potato parsnip puree with crispy shallots
- Butter lettuce with roasted beets, goat cheese, and candied pecans
- Pumpkin cheesecake with a maple creme anglaise
Fresh, seasonal menus carefully prepared using quality, locally grown ingredients.
The unexpected touches that create memorable events.
Relax and be a guest at your next party!
LEARN MORE ABOUT KRISTA
Krista Maloney is the chef, artist and visionary behind Sweet Pea’s Catering. Krista’s work in the culinary world began at an early age in Western Connecticut, helping plan parties with friends and family where she learned that to impress summering New Yorkers she had to offer more than just great food. And so her love of the details and art of presentation was formed, planning and scheming every nuance of her tablescapes and ambiance to ensure that each party guest is treated to a unique and unforgettable experience. During high school, Krista went on to work for one of Connecticut’s premiere catering companies taking her passion for cooking to the next level. Krista then pursued her formal training and education at Johnson and Wales University in Providence, RI, earning her degree in the culinary arts.
“Miss Sweet Pea” spent the next several years fine tuning her techniques and building a name for herself throughout New York and New England.Her ever-changing menus, delicious cuisine and whimsical themes attracted celebrity clientele including Uma Thurman, Michael J. Foxx and Ethan Hawke. Krista and her family moved to Medway, MA in 2007 where she established
Sweet Pea’s Catering and began bringing that New York flair to Massachusetts.